Tuesday, January 24, 2017

What is Love? II

Love!  What is it?  What it is... it is, what?

Can Love be examined objectively, or is it necessarily subjective?  Is Love more like Truth -- universal and steadfast -- or is it more like a sweet dream -- vague and amorphous?

Love is the deepest desire of my soul... the need for Love.  But how do I quench this thirst?  How can I satiate the insatiable?  Can refreshment be found among broken cisterns?  How I desire to fill these dry wells myself...!  But my own well is scorched, fractured, and overflowing with dust.  Fill me!  But there is no water to be found within the desert.

I cry out for Love... and hear the sound of silence.  How do I search for what I cannot describe!  Does anybody else seek...?  Perhaps they have found!  But the melancholy... no, there are only shadows, dim reflections within a dark mirror.  If this is Love, then the pursuit... meaningless.

It must be a fable, a bed time story, a parable.  But the void in my heart demands satisfaction, demands belief until it has its fill... or death buries the urge.  Either way, peace.  Will Love then fall away?

Love.  What is Love?  No one can define it;
It's something so great, only God could design it;
Yes Love is beyond what man could define;
For Love is Immortal, And God's Gift is divine.

Where are you Love?

No comments:

Post a Comment